Monday, August 27, 2012

Beginning.


Well, this is my very first blog post in a long while and I am feeling the pressure.  I remember years ago when I first learned about blogging on what you would then refer to as your "personal site."  A place you would spend hours creating using a crazy amount of learn-as-you-go html (what, what Lissa Explains it All!) only to be sick of looking at it by the time it was done.  I remember the pain of frames quite well.  

Now instead of guestbooks we have comments and Instagram has replaced those popular webcam images overlayed with date/time stamps.  Things have definitely changed since then and so have I.  We've come a long way, baby!

I'm not going to lie - this makes me nervous.  A lot of times (okay, pretty much all of the time) with social anxiety you have to push yourself to do something you're not comfortable with.  Blessedly, I have an amazingly supportive husband who will not only listen to all of my wild ideas but push me into bringing them to fruition when he knows it's something I really want to do.

I hope to use this blog to document our busy lives and to help keep track of memories.  I hope to meet lots of similar and different people.  To learn more about myself.  To educate others about social anxiety disorder  and to show that it is possible to have a life with such a horrendous disorder.

Let the adventure begin!


3 comments:

  1. Remember, its your blog. So you can do whatever feels right to you! Like you, I battle an illness and use my blog as a weapon and an educational tool. I look forward to read what's to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog, love the background especially x

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.