Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Stepping out.


I had intended to write about what goes on in this whirling dervish of a mind I have, but in the midst of all the typing and backspacing I've decided to change my mind.  For me it's hard to write about feelings and emotions (especially when you're a super feely and super emotional type) and feel confident that I'm expressing myself in the right way and that someone will get exactly what I'm trying to say.  I'm not talking about love and all the other basic and wonderful emotions - those are easy!  What I find hard to write about and express are the non-typical, invasive worries like social anxiety and depression.  Those are hard.  


At the end of the day I guess the most important thing is that I'm a lot better than I used to be and I still have a long way to go.  I want to fix these things.  I'm working to fix these things.  It's very easy to get overwhelmed and I do quite often, but I want to be better.  It's time to try even harder to reformat this brain of mine and rework the gears toward consistent positivity.

In non-heavy news, while Mr. Craft was busy with work last week I snatched up my camera and stepped out.  I forgot how wonderful it is being in the middle of nature (my backyard still counts!) and just being.  Granted, there was a pup who wanted to come along, couldn't reach where I sat, and protested by whining profusely the majority of the time I was outside.  It was still nice.








I almost got a face full of this guy and about eight of his friends.











2 comments:

  1. I can relate. I'm so much better than I used to be in the anxiety department, but some days (like today) prove that there's still a long way to go...

    Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these picture! they are so warm and natural! I found your blog through BBN new bloggers groups and I adore it! Your family photos are so full of life!

    Your Newest Bloglovin' Follower,
    -Hannah

    http://thirstyworlddesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.